Terms & Conditions
BY MAKING A BOOKING FOR A STAY AT A SERENEDIVA HOTEL YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH YOUR BOOKING.
• The following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to use of the website at www.serendiva.lk (“Site”). You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions in accessing any page of this Site.
• If you are not in agreement with any of the terms and conditions provided below, we kindly request you not to proceed further.
• The Terms and Conditions and your Booking Confirmation shall constitute the legally binding contract between you and SriLankan Catering Limited.
• In these Terms and Conditions, terms “we”, “us” shall mean SriLankan Catering Limited. The term “you” shall include both the person who makes the reservation and the person/s who is/are staying at the Hotel.
• The “Hotel” shall mean “Serenediva Transit Hotel”.
• SriLankan Catering Limited reserves the rights to amend the Terms and Conditions at any given time without any notice and therefore, you are requested to continuously follow the Terms and Conditions applicable to you.
• WE ADVISE YOU TO CHECK WITH YOUR AIRLINE WHETHER FREE ACCOMMODATIONS ARE PROVIDED, AND LUGGAGE ARE INTERLINKED WITH THE DEPARTURE FLIGHT PRIOR TO HOTEL BOOKING
RSERVATIONS AND CANCELLATION
• Full payment shall be made at the time of making the reservation. Reservations/bookings cannot be cancelled nor modified. No payment shall be refundable in any circumstances. In case of no-show, a penalty of 100% will apply.
• If you do not receive your Booking Confirmation(s) within twenty-four (24) hours from the time of booking, please contact us via the Serenediva Hotel Website (Please refer to “Contact Us”).
• At all times during the booking process, you will be advised to ensure the accuracy of your booking details (guest details, stay dates, room types, room rates, number of guest(s)). We shall not be responsible or liable for errors in booking details.
• Reservations are accepted subject to room availability.
• Since payments made through this website are NON-REFUNDABLE, you are strictly advised to ensure
the accuracy of the information provided to affect your reservation. No reservation made through the
Site can be cancelled after effecting the reservation.
• SriLankan Catering Limited reserves the right to cancel your reservation at any given time on
whatsoever reason with prior notice to you. In such an event, the only liability of SriLankan Catering Limited shall be to return the payment made by you for the reservation.
• Quoted rates shown on this website are based on a 6 hours’ time blocks basis.
• Quoted rates are based on a minimum Block of SIX Hours and can be extended subject to the availability of rooms and extra payments which are quoted in this website. Quoted rates are in United States Dollars (USD).
• Quoted Rates are subjected to changes without prior notice.
• Meals can be ordered at extra charges. You may place your food order at a fee from our transit restaurant. (Menus available in all our rooms for your convenience)
• Quoted rates are exclusive of Meals, Add-Ons, any taxes and other facilities.
• If any additional charge that could arise between the date of reservation and your stay as a result of any statutory requirement (taxes etc..) or late arrival, will be added to the Room Rate which shall be required to be paid prior to check-in to the Hotel.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT POLICY
• We will keep the room allocated to you as per your Reservation Confirmation. You can check in to the Hotel DURING THE 6 HOURS ALLOCATED TO YOU. IN CASE OF LATE ARRIVALS, NO EXTRA HOURS SHALL BE ALLOWED. However, passengers can extend the room for extra hours subject to extra payments which are quoted in this website. You MUST inform the Hotel in advance for any extensions. Extension of any late arrivals shall be only subject to the availability of the rooms.
• At the check-in at the Hotel, you shall be required to submit a copy of the valid passport. You shall be required to CHECK OUT AT THE END OF THE RESERVATION PERIOD. LATE CHECKOUTS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO EXTRA PAYMENTS AS STATED ABOVE.
• However, you shall check out from Hotel approx. 30 minutes prior to their scheduled departure flights to meet their onward flight.
• You shall not bring the following into our Hotel:
• pets or livestock
• pillows, bed sheets, duvets or other items of bedding
• any electrical appliances and/or equipment for heating and/or cooking purposes
• Prepared outside foods.
• SriLankan Catering Limited reserves the right to remove and/or confiscate any of the above items found in any Hotel room immediately without notice to you and to charge you for any costs incurred for taking such action or for any loss or damage caused to the Hotel room, premises or property or to any guests or third party as a result of your failure to comply with this policy.
• SriLankan Catering Limited further reserves the right to ask you to leave the Hotel and remove your belongings from the room immediately if we shall, in our sole opinion, deem that you have used the Hotel room in an irresponsible manner or in a manner that will compromise the safety of, or cause damage and/or harm to the Hotel room, the Hotel premises, the other Hotel guests, our staff or any other persons or the reputation of SriLankan Catering Limited, without any compensation and/or any reimbursement to you.
• Child from the age of 3-12 years old and above is chargeable as an adult rate.
• Checked Luggage is NOT ALLOWED in Transit Hotel.
• Guests are to wear face mask at all times.
• Smoking is not allowed inside the room.
• You are liable for any damage how soever caused to the allocated room(s) or to the Hotel premises or property caused by you or any other person acting on your behalf (whether or not staying at the Hotel) during your stay. SriLankan Catering Limited reserves the right to charge such amounts as to compensate or make good the loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred or suffered by Serenediva Hotel as a result of the aforesaid. Regardless, SriLankan Catering Limited further reserves the right to commence legal proceedings against you.
RIGHT TO REFUSE ACCOMMODATION
• SriLankan Catering Limited reserves the right to refuse accommodation to you or any person(s) without any notice and terminate any booking without being liable for any refund or compensation for the following reasons but not limited to those:
• the booking has been paid through fraudulent means
• the booking has been altered by anyone other than Serenediva Hotel
• the person checking in is not or cannot prove that he/she is the person named in the Booking Confirmation
• as permitted under the provisions of these Terms and Conditions
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
• SriLankan Catering Limited is responsible for providing the room(s) stated in the Booking Confirmation(s) and according to these Terms and Conditions. We do not accept any liability for failure to provide the services contracted or any of them due to circumstances beyond our control.
• To the extent permitted by law, SriLankan Catering Limited does not accept any liability arising out of any occurrences beyond its control including but not limited to acts of terrorism, acts of God, flood, war, strikes, riot, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disaster, government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule (collectively, “Force Majeure”).
• Without affecting any statutory consumer rights or other laws that cannot be lawfully excluded or limited, SriLankan Catering Limited will not be liable for loss of any kind whatsoever arising out of, caused by, attributable to or resulting from your booking, use of the Serenediva Hotel Website, even if caused or contributed to by Serenediva Hotel’s negligence, wrongful act / omission or breach of these terms and conditions or breach of duty or otherwise.
• All activities have inherent risks to health and safety and SriLankan Catering Limited will not be responsible for any eventualities related to any activities or services booked through the Serenediva Hotel Website or during your stay at a Hotel.
• SriLankan Catering Limited will not be responsible for any loss or damage of property left in Guest’s room and/or the Hotel property at all times. Guests are advised to obtain insurance to cover curtailment, and loss of luggage, personal effects, damages, personal injury and money/valuable belongings.
“NOTWITHSTANDING ANY CONTRARY PROVISION HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL SriLankan Catering Limited BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DAMAGES, EITHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS) RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THE SITE OR THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.”
PRIVACY & DATA PROTECTION
• This Site only collects personally identifiable information with your knowledge and express consent. You are entitled not to submit your personally identifiable information or to decide what
communications you want to receive from us. However, incomplete information may affect or prevent the processing of certain transactions.
• Serenediva Hotel will retain all personal information you provide during booking. By making a booking with us or using the Website, you consent to our use to enable or assist us in the provision of services or to exercise or enforce our rights hereunder and/or any other party as Serenediva Hotel may, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary for the following purposes:
• to process your booking and for other administrative purposes • to provide you customer support and services
• We may also be legally obliged to disclose, and you irrevocably consent to our disclosing, your personal information to government and enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies and public authorities or as may be required by law. This may involve sending your personal information between different countries.
• We will use our best endeavors to use your personal information in the manner stated herein and will not otherwise disclose your personal information without your prior written consent.
• We use commercially reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information we collect from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, due to the pace of development of internet technology and other factors beyond our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our server will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
COPYRIGHT & TRADE MARKS
• The Serenediva Hotel Website including the booking and other applications, text, graphics, designs, audio and video clips, hotel and destination information and all other content thereon are the exclusive properties of Serenediva Hotel and/or its content suppliers.
• You may use the Serenediva Hotel Website and its content solely for personal, non-commercial and private use subject always to applicable copyright laws.
• All trademarks, trade names, service marks and all other marks, whether registered or unregistered, on the Serenediva Hotel Website are owned by or licensed to Serenediva Hotel and their respective owners and may not be used, reproduced or modified without the prior written approval of Serenediva Hotel.
• You hereby irrevocably agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against all liabilities, claims, losses and expenses, including any legal fees that may be incurred by us in connection with or arising from
(1) Your use or misuse of this Site and the services provided herein; or
(2) Your breach of these terms and conditions howsoever occasioned; or
(3) any intellectual property right or proprietary right infringement claim made by a third party against us in connection with your use of this Site.
• The Serenediva Hotel Website, the services provided, and all content thereon are supplied “as is” and “as available”. Serenediva Hotel provides no guarantee, representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, regarding the website and content. You are solely responsible for your use thereof.
• While we will make every effort to ensure that the information on the Serenediva Hotel Website is accurate and published in good faith. Without affecting any statutory consumer rights that cannot be lawfully excluded or limited, Serenediva Hotel does not warrant or represent the accuracy of the information displayed and disclaims to the maximum extent permitted by law all warranties expressed or implied by statute, custom or usage.
• Serenediva Hotel will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, punitive losses or damage (including without limitation loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation and loss of, or damage to data), arising out of the Serenediva Hotel Website or the use thereof or any services purchased from the Serenediva Hotel Website, or any errors, inaccuracies or omissions in the services or content provided howsoever caused.
• Any disputes arising out of or related to the Site or these terms & conditions or your stay at Serenediva Hotel shall be governed by the laws of Sri Lanka and any disputes shall be settled in the courts of Sri Lanka.
CHANGES TO THE THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
• SriLankan Catering Limited reserves the right to cancel, amend or vary the arrangements and content featured on the Serenediva Hotel Website and/or change, amend, vary or add to these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your acceptance of any such cancellation, amendment, or variation.
CONFLICT BETWEEN ENGLISH TEXT AND OTHER LANGUAGE TEXT
• If there is any conflict or discrepancy between the English text of these Terms and Conditions and any translation thereof into any other language, the English text shall prevail.